National Conference to be held in Hamilton Ontario
21 – 24 October 2009
First Call for Papers
Deadline for submission: April 9, 2009
In October 2009 Hamilton, Ontario will be the site of a national conference on industrial heritage in Canada which is being sponsored by Parks Canada and the City of Hamilton. You are invited to submit a proposal for a presentation for this conference. The five themes identified are:
• Brownsite to Heritage Site: Planning Challenges and Strategies
• The Challenge of Preserving Industrial Heritage as Historic Sites and Museums
• Adaptive Use of Industrial Heritage: Conservation or Recycling?
• Strengthening Community Identity and Engagement
• Industrial Landscapes and Districts
Other topics or sessions will be considered. For more detailed information on the themes visit our website at www.industrialstrengthconference.ca
Papers will be no more than 20 minutes in length and can be presented in English or French. Each proposal should include 1) title 2) a 250-300 word abstract describing the subject and a summary of the key points, finding or conclusions 3) resume of the presenter(s) including address, telephone and email contact.
Send your proposal by email to email@example.com. The proposals will be reviewed by the program committee (see website for the make up of the committee) and you will be notified of their decision by May 15th.
More details are available on the conference website